Installing an 1100 W DC Power Supply
Before installing a Summit 1100 W DC power supply:
- Verify that the switch rack or chassis has been grounded.
- Verify that the airflow direction for the power supply is the same as the airflow direction of the installed fan modules in the switch.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- If necessary, remove a blank panel from the rear of the switch.
Verify that the power supply is
right side up.
The power supply should be oriented as shown in Installing an 1100 W DC Power Supply.
Verify that the direction of ventilation airflow
is the same for both the power supply and the switch.
In a switch with front-to-back airflow, the fan modules are labeled Air Out.
In a switch with back-to-front airflow, the fan modules are labeled Air In.
- Carefully slide the power supply all the way into the power supply bay.
- Push the power supply in
until the latch snaps into place.
CautionDo not slam the power supply into the switch.
To install a second power supply, repeat the
NoteIf power supplies are not installed in both power supply bays, be sure to install a cover over the unoccupied bay. Unoccupied bays must always be covered to maintain proper system ventilation and EMI levels.
- Connect the ground wire, following the steps in Connecting the Ground Wire to a 450 W or 550 W DC Power Supply.