Connecting the Ground Wire to a 550 W DC Power Supply
Before you begin
You need a #1 Phillips screwdriver to secure the ground wire to the power supply.
About this task
WarningBe sure to connect the chassis ground wire before you connect any power cables.
WarningBe sure to disconnect the ground wire after you disconnect all power cables.
To connect the ground wire to a Summit 550 W DC power supply, follow these steps:
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
- Attach an ESD-preventive wrist strap to your bare wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- Slide the cover off the terminal block.
- Identify the grounding point at the left of the terminal block.
Connect the ground wire to the grounding point as
Loosen the screw enough to allow the spade
terminal to slide underneath the captive square washer.
- Slide the spade terminal of the ground wire under the captive square washer.
Tighten the screw to 7
in‑lb (0.79 N m) as shown in Securing the Ground Wire.
- Loosen the screw enough to allow the spade terminal to slide underneath the captive square washer.
- Connect the other end of the wire to a known reliable earth ground point at your site.
- Connect the power supply to the source, following the instructions in Connecting a 550 W DC Power Supply to the Source Voltage.