Removing a Switch from a Rack
Before removing a switch from a rack, verify that:
NoteRead the following steps thoroughly before you attempt to remove a switch from a rack.
To remove a switch from a rack, follow these steps:
- Support the switch while you remove the rack-mounting screws that hold the front mounting brackets in place against the rack posts.
Remove the switch from the rack.
See the following figures.
- For two-post installations, carefully slide the switch out of the rack.
- For four-post installations, carefully slide the switch forward out of the cabinet and off the rear mounting brackets.
- Place the switch on a secure, flat surface.
- Using a #2 Phillips screwdriver, remove the front mounting brackets from the sides of the switch.
- For four-post installations, remove the rear mounting brackets from the rear rack posts.