Connecting Network Interface Cables
Use the appropriate type of cable to connect the ports of your switch to another switch or router.
NoteThe maximum supported cable length depends on the line rate.
|Cable Type||Maximum Distance|
Working carefully, one port at a time, do the following:
- Verify that you have identified the correct cable for the port.
- Use an alcohol wipe or other appropriate cleaning agent to clean the cable connectors; make sure they are free of dust, oil, and other contaminants.
- If you are using optical fiber cable, align the transmit (Tx) and receive (Rx) connectors with the correct corresponding connectors on the switch or the I/O module.
- Press the cable connectors into their mating connectors on the switch or I/O module until the cable connector is firmly seated.
- Repeat the preceding steps for the remaining cables on this or other switches or I/O modules.
- Dress and secure the cable bundle to provide appropriate strain relief and protection against bends and kinks.