Planning Your Site
To install your equipment successfully, you should plan the site carefully. The site planning process has three major parts:
- Meeting site requirements.
The physical installation site must meet the following requirements for a safe and successful installation:
- Building and electrical code requirements
- Environmental, safety, and thermal requirements for the equipment you plan to install
- Equipment rack requirements
- Evaluating and meeting cable requirements.
After examining your physical site and verifying that all environment requirements are met, evaluate and compare your existing cable plant with the requirements of the Extreme Networks equipment to determine if you need to install new cables.
- Meeting power requirements.
To run your equipment safely, you must meet the specific power requirements for each switch and external power supply unit installed in the system.
For power specifications of the switches, see the specific switch listings in Technical Specifications.