Installing a Versatile Interface Module in an X465 Series Switch
Before you begin
This section describes how to install a versatile interface module (VIM5) in the front slot of an X465 switch.
You need the following tools and materials to install a VIM5:
ESD-preventive wrist strap
#2 Phillips screwdriver
Extreme Networks VIM5s are not hot-swappable. Disconnect power to the switch before removing an installed VIM5 or installing a new VIM5.
About this task
To install a versatile interface module, follow these steps:
- Attach the ESD wrist strap to your wrist and connect the metal end to an appropriate ground point on the rack.
- Ensure that the switch is completely powered down.
Remove the cover plate from the
VIM5 slot (#2 Phillips screwdriver required).
- Remove the retaining screws at the top corners of the slot cover plate, and set the screws aside in a safe place.
- Save the retaining screws to secure the new module in the switch.
Pull the cover plate
away from the module slot.
- Remove the new VIM5 from its anti-static packaging.
Install the VIM5 in the
- Carefully slide the VIM5 module into the switch.
Insert and tighten the
retaining screws you removed in step 3.a, using the screws provided.
1 = VIM5 module retaining screw locations