Installing an STK-RPS-1005PS on a Flat Surface
About this task
CautionObserve all ESD precautions when handling sensitive electronic equipment.
When installing the STK-RPS-1005PS power supply on a flat surface, we recommend installing the rubber feet to prevent the power supply from sliding.
NoteDo not install the rubber feet on the power supply if you are installing the power supply in the three-slot modular shelf (STK-RPS-1005CH3).
To prepare the STK-RPS-1005PS for use on a flat surface, follow these steps.
- On a sturdy flat surface, lay the power supply on its top.
- Remove the four rubber feet from their plastic bag in the shipping box.
- Remove the protective strip from the back of one rubber
foot and position it on a bottom corner of the power supply. Press the rubber foot firmly into place.
Repeat this step for each of the remaining three rubber feet.
- After installing the rubber feet, return the power supply to its upright position.
- Connect the STK-RPS-1005PS to its power source.