Connect the V300 to a Primary Power Source
NoteInstalling the system as described in this guide meets the protective earth grounding requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC) UL 60950 and IEC 60950 standards. However, in some cases, it may be necessary to use an alternative grounding method. In these cases, a 14 AWG wire can be connected between the grounding lug on the chassis and a nearby building ground point.
To attach the V300 switch to a power source, do the following:
- Connect the PSU to the V300 with the integrated power cable.
Connect the AC power cord to the AC power input socket on the power supply and
plug the other end into an AC power outlet.
To attach the V300HT model to a primary power source, do the following:
- Connect the PSU to the included screw terminal connector (use adequate AWG wire for DIN PSUs).
- Plug the screw terminal connector into the port extender DC input (PSU1 recommended).
- AC power cord to the AC power input socket on the PSU and plug the other end into an AC power outlet for non-DIN PSUs; or
- PSU to an AC power source using the instructions included with the PSU for DIN PSUs.
When power is connected, verify that the PWR LED on the switch turns green. If the PWR LED does not turn green, verify that the power source is powered on and the connection was made properly.