Grounding the Switch Chassis
About this task
Before installing DC power supply units in your switch, perform these steps:
- Verify that the DC circuit is de-energized.
Identify the grounding lug on
the rear of the switch.
The grounding lug is identified by the international symbol for earth ground:
Attach the ground wire to the
grounding lug as follows.
Use stranded copper wire, sized between 14 AWG and 6 AWG.
- At one end of the ground wire, strip the insulation to expose 12 mm (1/2 in) of bare wire.
- Insert the stripped wire into the grounding lug.
- Using a straight-tip torque screwdriver, tighten the retaining screw to 2.25 N m (20 in‑lb).
- Connect the other end of the wire to a known reliable earth ground point at your site.
What to do next
You can now install one or two DC power supplies, following the steps in Install a 750 W DC Power Supply.