Removing a DC Power Supply
About this task
To remove a DC power supply unit (PSU) from a switch, follow these steps:
De-energize the DC circuit.
WarningRemoving the DC wiring harness from your facility's DC source voltage must be performed by a qualified, licensed electrician.
Disconnect the DC power cables as follows:
- Slide the cover off the terminal block.
- Loosen the screws that secure the cable terminals to the terminal block.
- Slide the wires out from under the captive washers.
Disconnect the ground wire as follows:
- Remove the screw that secures the ground wire to the power supply.
- Move the wire away from the power supply.
Push the latching tab to the left as you pull
outward on the handle to disengage the power supply internal connectors.
- Carefully slide the power supply the rest of the way out of the switch.