show forwarding configuration
Displays the configured selection criteria for ECMP routes and load-sharing group ports and the hardware table settings, including the configured and current hash algorithm and dual-hash settings.
This command has no arguments or variables.
- Configured hash algorithm—The hash algorithm configured on the switch. After the configuration is saved and the switch is rebooted, the switch uses this hash algorithm.
- Current hash algorithm—The hash algorithm currently used by the switch.
- Configured dual-hash setting—Whether the dual-hash feature is configured ‘on‘ or ‘off‘ on the switch. After the configuration is saved and the switch is rebooted, the switch uses this setting.
- Current dual-hash setting—Whether the dual-hash feature is currently ‘on‘ or ‘off‘ on the switch.
- Dual-Hash recursion level—The current dual-hash recursion level; default is ‘1.‘
- Sharing criteria—Current selection criterion used for ECMP route sharing as well as for load-sharing groups. Specifies which Layer 3 and Layer4 information is used in the sharing hash algorithm. For more information, see the description for the configure forwarding sharing [L3 | L3_L4] command.
- Group Table Compression—Whether the group table compression is currently ‘on‘ or ‘off‘ on the switch.
- Switching mode—Whether the switching mode is currently set to ‘cut-through‘ or ‘store-and-forward.‘
- Fabric flow control—Whether flow control fabric configuration is set to ‘auto‘ or ‘off.‘
- ARP and ND Settings:—Suppression filter status.
- Extended Edge Switching—VLAN port membership and IP multicast replication status.
- Forward to VLAN filters for mDNS, LLMNR, and UPnP.
NOTE: A save and reboot are required before the configured hash will take effect
The following command displays the hardware forwarding algorithm configured on the switch:
show forwarding configuration L2 and L3 Forwarding table hash algorithm: Configured hash algorithm: crc32 Current hash algorithm: crc32 L3 Dual-Hash configuration: Configured setting: on Current setting: on Dual-Hash Recursion Level: 1 Hash criteria for IP unicast traffic for L2 load sharing and ECMP route sharing Sharing criteria: L3_L4 IP multicast: Group Table Compression: on Local Network Forwarding: slow-path Lookup-Key: (SourceIP, GroupIP, VlanId) Internal lookup tables: Configured Setting: l2-and-l3 Current Setting: l2-and-l3 Switch Settings: Switching mode: store-and-forward L2 Protocol: Fast convergence: on Rate Limit: Overhead Bytes: 20 Fabric Flow Control: Fabric Flow Control: auto ARP and ND Settings: ARP Suppression Filters: per-port ND Suppression Filters: per-port VPEX Settings: VLAN Port Membership: hash-table IPMC Replication: bpe IP multicast: mDNS: flood LLMNR: learn UPnP: flood
This command was first available in ExtremeXOS 11.3.2.
The flow control feature was added in ExtremeXOS 12.5.
The Forwarding Lookup-Key feaure show output is added in ExtremeXOS 15.3.
Extended Edge Switching setting for VLAN port membership was added in ExtremeXOS 22.6.
Extended Edge Switching IP multicast replication feature information was added in ExtremeXOS 30.6.
Forward to VLAN filters for mDNS, LLMNR, and UPnP was added in Release 32.2.
This command is available on ExtremeSwitching 5320, 5420, 5520, and 5720 series switches.