show ip-security arp learning
Displays how the switch builds an ARP table and learns MAC addresses for devices on a specific VLAN and associated member ports.
|vlan_name||Specifies the name of the VLAN.|
|vlan_list||Specifies the name of the VLAN list of IDs.|
The switch displays the following ARP learning information:
- Port—The member port of the VLAN.
- Learn-from—The method the port uses to build the ARP table.
The methods are:
- ARP—ARP learning is enabled. The switch uses a series or requests and replies to build the ARP table.
- DHCP—DHCP secured ARP is enabled. The switch uses DHCP snooping to build the ARP table.
- None—Both DHCP secured ARP and ARP learning are disabled.
The following sample output displays how the switch builds its ARP table for the VLAN learn:
# show ip-security arp learning vlan learn Port Learn-from ---------------------------------- 2:1 ARP 2:2 DHCP, poll 300 sec, retries 3 2:3 ARP 2:4 None 2:5 ARP 2:6 ARP 2:7 ARP 2:8 ARP
This command was first available in ExtremeXOS 11.6.
The vlan_list variable was added in ExtremeXOS 16.1.
This command is available on ExtremeSwitching 5320, 5420, 5520, and 5720 series switches.