Displays the hardware serial and version numbers, the software version currently running on the switch, and (if applicable) the software version running on the power controllers.
|detail||Specifies display of platform name.|
|process||Specifies display of all of the processes on the switch.|
|name||Specifies display of a specific process on the switch.|
|images||Specifies the display of installed images.|
|partition||Specifies display of a specific partition (primary or secondary).|
- Part Number—A collection of numbers and letters that make up the part number of the switch.
- Serial Number—A collection of
numbers and letters that make up the serial number of the switch.
NoteFor information about the physical location of the serial number on your switch, refer to the section that describes your specific switch model in the hardware documentation.
- Image—The ExtremeXOS software version currently running on the switch. If you have two software images downloaded on the switch, only the currently running ExtremeXOS version information is displayed. The information displayed includes the major version number, minor version number, a specific patch release, and the build number. The software build date is also displayed.
- BootROM—The BootROM version currently running on the switch. For ExtremeSwitching Universal switches, the BootROM version on both partitions appears.
- FPGA—The field-programmable gate array firmware version currently running on the switch.
- PLD—The programmable logic device firmware version currently running on the switch .
- Certifiied Version—Shows the OpenSSL FIPS and Linux versions built with the ExtremeXOS image.
Depending on the model of your switch and the software running on your switch, different version information may appear.
- Process Name—The name of the process.
- Version—The version number of the process.
- BuiltBy—The name of the software build manager.
- Link Date—The date the executable was linked.
The following command displays the hardware and software versions currently running on the switch:
# show version Switch : 800992-01-03 2011G-00108 Rev 03 BootROM: 220.127.116.11 IMG: 18.104.22.1681 Image : ExtremeXOS version 22.214.171.1241 by release-manager on Tue Sep 1 13:58:24 EDT 2020 BootROM : Default 126.96.36.199 Alternate 188.8.131.52 Diagnostics : Certified Version : EXOS Linux 4.14.170, Extreme Networks FIPS Object Module 2.0.16a Build Tools Version : exos-arm64-sdk-184.108.40.206.0
The following example shows SSD-120 device information:
# show version Slot-1 : 800908-00-01 1847F-10076 Rev 01 IMG: 220.127.116.113 VIM5-4XE-1 : 800910-00-01 1845F-10106 Rev 01 XN-SSD-001-120-1: 800954-00-02 1917F-10030 Rev 02 Image : ExtremeXOS version 18.104.22.1683 by release-manager on Thu Jul 11 11:52:10 EDT 2019 Diagnostics : Certified Version : EXOS Linux 4.14.123, Extreme Networks FIPS Object Module 2.0.16m
This command was first available in ExtremeXOS 10.1.
Solid State Storage Device SSD-120 information was added in ExtremeXOS 30.3.
BootROM version for ONIE switches (which do not have a BootROM) appears as "N/A" for compatibility with Chalet in ExtremeXOS 30.4.
BootROM version for both partitions was added in ExtremeXOS 31.1.
This command is available on ExtremeSwitching 5320, 5420, 5520, and 5720 series switches.