Hardware-assisted ELRP allows ELRP to detect loops faster and to support more
All ExtremeSwitching Universal switches.
For hardware-assisted ELRP:
- Only front panel ports can be
configured as the loopback port.
- Only disabling ingress port is
supported after a loop is detected.
- MLAG ports are not
- Software ELRP and
hardware-assisted ELRP cannot operate simultaneously.
- Only standalone clients are
- Not supported on dynamic
- Maximum loop detection interval
is determined by each platforms hardware capability. For most platforms, an ELRP
packet is 70 bytes.
- Non-periodic requests are not supported.
- Extended Edge
Switching is not