Summary of PoE Features
The ExtremeXOS implementation of PoE supports the following features:
- Configuration and control of the power distribution for PoE at the system, slot, and port levels
- Real-time discovery and classification of IEEE 802.3af-compliant PDs and many legacy devices
- Support for IEEE 802.3at-compliant PDs on PoE+ devices
- Support for IEEE 802.3bt compliant PDs on PoE++ devices
- Monitor and control of port PoE fault conditions including exceeding configured class limits and power limits and short-circuit detection
- Support for configuring and monitoring PoE status at the system, slot, and port levels
- Management of an over-subscribed power budget
- Port LED control for indicating the link state
- Support for hitless failover in a SummitStack with a master and backup node.
- (Fast PoE) Ability to provide PoE power when the switch is powered on without waiting for boot up based on last saved PoE state (ExtremeSwitching X435; and X465 (per port) series switches only).
- (Perpetual PoE) Preserve PoE power delivery to devices during reboot (ExtremeSwitching X465 and X435 series switches only).