Determining the Primary Node
The following parameters determine the primary node:
- Node state
- The node state must be STANDBY to participate in leader election and be selected as primary. If the node is in the INIT, DOWN, or FAIL states, it cannot participate in leader election. For more information about the node states, see Viewing Node Status.
- Configuration priority
- This is a user assigned priority. The configured priority is compared only after the node meets the minimum thresholds in each category for it to be healthy. Required processes and devices must not fail.
- Software health
- This represents the percent of processes available.
- Health of secondary hardware components
- This represents the health of the switch components, such as power supplies, fans, and so forth.
- Slot ID
- The slot number configured on a stack node.