Assisted Replication Limitations
In addition to restrictions imposed by VXLAN (or EVPN), the following are currently not supported:
- Mixed replicator/leaf functionality. A switch can be configured as a replicator or a leaf for all virtual network identifiers (VNI).
- Assisted replication control plane (as defined in draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir).
- Local attachment (access interface) for VNI on the replicators when there is more than one active replicator per VNI.
- Mixing assisted replication with head-end replication per VNI.
- Assisted replication when not used in an EVPN or VXLAN topology.
- Combining assisted replication with IGMP/MLD snooping on the tenant VLAN, or PIM on the tenant VLAN.
- Without the control plane, a replicator must assume all other end-points are leafs.
- Stacks that do not support VXLAN are not supported.
- Only a single replicator per VNI is supported.
- The replicator can support a maximum of 250 attached leaf nodes.