Integrated Application Hosting Overview
The Integrated Application Hosting (IAH) feature provides the ability to host guest VMs on ExtremeXOS-based switches.
The IAH infrastructure includes:
- ExtremeXOS Virtualization Manager component—responsible for guest VM management and control, management of networking connectivity, management of compute resources, and complete isolation of activity from ExtremeXOS.
- KVM (Kernel Virtual Machine)—Linux kernel feature enabling hardware-accelerated virtualization.
- QEMU (Quick EMUlator)—an open-source emulator and hypervisor.
VMs can be packaged as either OVAs (Open Virtual Appliance) or qcow2 or any QEMU-compatible (including VMDK) disk images.
IAH requires the following:
- Core or Premier license (for more information about licenses, see the ExtremeXOS 32.2 Feature License Requirements )
- Solid State Storage Device SSD-120 (see SSD-120 Device).