The following limitations apply to BFD in this release:
OSPF, MPLS, OTM, and static
routes act as BFD clients.
- The echo function is not supported.
- Hardware assist BFD is
supported only on standalone X460-G2, X465, X590, and X695 series
- The number of sessions
handled by BFD at minimal timers (less than 100ms) varies depending on the platform type,
the implementation type (H/w or S/w), and the processing load (which is influenced by
other protocols being enabled or other system conditions such as software
- The following scaling limits
apply to BFD hardware assist:
- Maximum 900 sessions if PTP feature
- Maximum 425 sessions with PTP
- Maximum of 256 sessions with 3 ms