ESRP Configuration Overview
- Create and configure a VLAN that will become the master VLAN. (See VLANs.)
- As needed, create and configure the VLANs that will become the member VLANs. (See VLANs.)
- Create the ESRP domain as described in Creating and Deleting an ESRP Domain.
- If your configuration requires an ESRP domain ID, configure it as described in .
- Add the master VLAN to the ESRP domain as described in Adding and Deleting a Master VLAN.
- If your configuration requires member VLANs, add the member VLANs to the ESRP domain as described in Adding and Deleting a Member VLAN.
- Enable ESRP for the specified ESRP domain as described in Enabling and Disabling an ESRP Domain.
You can also configure other ESRP domain parameters, including ESRP:
- Timers as described in the ExtremeXOS 32.2 Command Reference Guide .
- Election algorithms as described in ESRP Election Algorithms.
- Tracking as described in ESRP Tracking.
- Port restart as described in ESRP Port Restart.
- Host attach as described in ESRP Host Attach.
- Groups as described in ESRP Groups.
For more detailed information about all of the commands used to create, configure, enable, and disable an ESRP domain, refer to the ExtremeXOS 32.2 Command Reference Guide .