Routing Configuration Example
IPv6 Unicast Routing Configuration Example illustrates a switch with three VLANs defined as follows:
- Protocol-sensitive VLAN using IPv6 protocol
- All ports on slots 1 and 3 have been assigned.
- IP address 2001:db8:35::1/48.
- Protocol-sensitive VLAN using the IPv6 protocol.
- All ports on slots 2 and 4 have been assigned.
- IP address 2001:db8:36::1/48.
- Port-based VLAN.
- All ports on slots 1 through 4 have been assigned.
The stations connected to the system generate a combination of IPv6 traffic and NetBIOS traffic. The IPv6 traffic is filtered by the protocol-sensitive VLANs. All other traffic is directed to the VLAN MyCompany.
In this configuration, all IPv6 traffic from stations connected to slots 1 and 3 have access to the router by way of the VLAN Finance. Ports on slots 2 and 4 reach the router by way of the VLAN Personnel. All other traffic (NetBIOS) is part of the VLAN MyCompany.
The example is configured as follows:
create vlan Finance tag 10 create vlan Personnel tag 11 create vlan MyCompany configure Finance protocol ipv6 configure Personnel protocol ipv6 configure Finance add port 1:*,3:* tag configure Personnel add port 2:*,4:* tag configure MyCompany add port all configure Finance ipaddress 2001:db8:35::1/48 configure Personnel ipaddress 2001:db8:36::1/48 configure ripng add vlan Finance configure ripng add vlan Personnel enable ipforwarding ipv6 enable ripng