Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and Neighbor Discovery (ND)
For Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and Neighbor Discovery (ND):
- The VR option in some configuration, clear, and show commands is not supported. Per VR table-based limits for ARP/ND maximum entries, maximum pending entries, and maximum proxy entries are changed to a global single ARP/ND table-based limits. For more information, see the ExtremeXOS 32.2 Command Reference Guide .
- ARP/ND entries may not be removed exactly when the timeout expires, since this dictated by the Linux behavior. They can be removed before or after than the configured timeout value.
- Any change in ARP timeout affects only newly learned entries. Existing entries are still bound to old timeout value.
- Starting with ExtremeXOS 30.1, the maximum configurable limit for IP ARP and ND maximum entries is changed to 157,696 and 49,152 respectively for all the switches. A message appears if the configured value exceeds the theoretical hardware maximum limit depending on the switch type.
- The output of show configuration fdb after upgrading to ExtremeXOS 30.1 is different from the 22.5 output because of the changes in per VR-based IPARP and ND configurations. For examples, see the ExtremeXOS 32.2 Command Reference Guide .