You can view detailed information about the fans installed in your
switch. Depending on your switch model, different information may be displayed.
For ExtremeSwitching X435
series switches, only the X435-24P-4S switches have a fan (internal).
View detailed information about the health of the fans
with the command: show fans
The switch collects and displays the following fan information:
- State—The current state of the fan. Options are:
- Empty: There is no fan installed.
- Failed: The fan failed.
- Operational: The fan is installed and working normally.
- NumFan—The number of fans in the fan tray.
- Fan Name, displayed as Fan-1, Fan-2,
and so on—Specifies the individual state for each fan in a fan tray and its current
speed in revolutions per minute (rpm).
For the ExtremeSwitching
X435-24P-4S switches, you cannot view the fan speed.