VRRP Grouping Limitations
- All VRRP VLANs participating in same group should have same topology in a given router.
- VRRP groups and individual VRs can not be mixed when VRs use the same VRID and are configured to operate in regular master-backup mode.
- Fabric Routing must be enabled for the group of VRs if the same VRID is repeated in multiple groups.
- When the number of VRs configured on a router exceeds 511, you must switch to high-scale mode (use VRRP grouping) to obtain scaling to 2,048 VR instances.
- The same group does not support combinations of some IPv4 VRs and some IPv6 VRs. Separate groups must be used for each type.