Use the following procedure to configure QoS:
- Configure basic Layer 2 connectivity (prerequisite).
- Configure QoS scheduling, if needed, as described in Selecting the QoS Scheduling Method.
Configure ingress and egress rate-limiting as
- Create a meter as described in Creating Meters.
- Configure the meter as described in Configuring a Meter.
- Apply the meter to ingress traffic as described in Applying a Meter to Ingress Traffic.
- Configure non-ACL-based egress QoS profile selection as described in the following sections:
- Configure 802.1p or DiffServ packet marking as described in Configuring 802.1p or DSCP Replacement.
Configure egress QoS profile rate shaping as needed:
- Create egress QoS profiles as described in Creating or Deleting an Egress QoS Profile.
- Configure egress QoS profile rate shaping parameters as described in Configuring an Egress QoS Profile.
- Configure egress port rate shaping as described in Configuring Egress Port Rate Limits.
- Finalize ACL traffic-based group configuration as described in Configuring an ACL-Based Traffic Group.
- Verify the configuration using the commands described in Displaying QoS Configuration and Performance.