Configuring a Windows 7/Windows 8 Supplicant for 802.1X Authentication
This section provides an overview procedure for configuring a Windows 7/Windows 8 supplicant. For complete instructions on setting up a Windows 7/Windows 8 supplicant, see the product documentation for Microsoft Windows XP.
NoteFor enhanced security, install the FreeRADIUS server CA certificate (the CA that signed the certificate installed in eap.conf).
- Open the network configuration panel, select the network card, enter the properties.
Click the Authentication tab.
The Authentication dialog appears.
- Enable 802.1X and disable authenticate as computer.
- Choose EAP type of Protected EAP, then click Properties.
- Deselect the Validate server certificate and select eap-mschapv2 as the authentication method.
- Click Configure.
- Select or clear the check box depending on whether you want to use the logon name and password, then click OK.