If you issue the show stacking command and see that the stack topology is a daisy chain, we strongly recommend that you reconfigure the stack to use a ring topology.
Here is a sample CLI output from show stacking showing that the stack is in a daisy chain.
# show stacking Stack Topology is a Daisy-Chain This node is not in an Active Topology Node MAC Address Slot Stack State Role Flags ------------------ ---- ----------- ------- --- *00:04:96:7d:fc:9a - Disabled Master ---
To solve a daisy-chain problem, follow these steps:
Ensure that each stack node meets the following conditions:
- All nodes must have ExtremeXOS running on the same partition.
- All nodes must be running the same ExtremeXOS version.
- All nodes must have the same license level.
- Wait for all stack nodes to finish booting and get through AAA login.
- Enter show stacking to verify that all stack nodes are connected in a ring topology.
- Check that the stacking port LEDs show as active on all nodes.
- Reconnect the stacking cables.