The limitations of MSDP are as follows:
- There is no support for MSDP operating with SA cache disabled (transit node). MSDP will always cache/store received SA messages.
- There is no support for logical RP.
- There is no support for MSDP on user-created virtual routers (VRs).
- RIP routes are not used for peer-RPF checking. So, our implementation of MSDP does not exactly conform to rule (iii) in section 10.1.3 of RFC 3618. However, our implementation of MSDP uses BGP/OSPF for peer-RPF checking as per rule (iii) in section 10.1.3.
- Read-write/read-create access is not supported on MSDP MIB objects.