OSPFv2 Auto-peering Limitations
NoteBGP and OSPFv2 Auto-peering are mutually exclusive. Only one form of Auto-peering can exist at a time.
The following capabilities are not supported on OSPFv2 Auto-peering:
- Automatic LAG configuration with MLAG
- Automatic LAG configuration with Extended Edge Switching
- Static Lag attachments to AutoOSPF
- AutoOSPF links on Extended Edge Switching ports
- MPLS, VPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN
- PIM snooping, PIM-SM, PIM-DM, SSM mode
- OSPFv2, OSPFv3, ISIS, RIP, RIPNG per VRF
- Automatic MLAG configuration
- Multiple links between two OSPFv2 auto-peering enabled switches (instead LAG can be configured to avoid connectivity problem due to link failure).
- One MLAG peer per node.
- Static router must be an external router per VRF.
- VLANs spanning multiple bridges, where each bridge has automatically configured LAG connections, must be VXLAN-based or replaced with MLAG.