Displays the status of the last diagnostic test run on the switch.
|slot||Specifies which node to display diagnostic status information on.|
|slot_number||Specifies the slot number of the node on which you need to run the diagnostics. Values can be from 1 to 8.|
Use this command to display information from the last diagnostic test run on the switch.
To run diagnostics on a switch in a stack, you need to remove the node from the stacking mode, restart the node, and then run the diagnostics locally on the node. You can see the latest diagnostics results from the Master node of a stack after the node has rejoined the stack.
The switch displays the following diagnostic information:
- Date the test was run—The month, date, and year.
- Last Test Version—The ExtremeXOS version associated with the results.
- Test data—If the diagnostic test failed, the switch displays the name of the failed test. The switch displays a message similar to the following:MAC memory test failed
- Summary—A brief summary of the overall diagnostic test.
- Diagnostics Pass—The diagnostic test has passed.
- Diagnostics Fail—One or more diagnostic tests have failed.
If you have never run diagnostics on the switch or stack ports, the switch displays a message similar to the following:
Result: FAIL Test date run is invalid. Please run Diagnostics. Error reading diagnostics information.
This message is normal and expected if you have never run diagnostics on the switch. After you run diagnostics, you should see information about the executed test.
To run diagnostics, use the following command:run diagnostics [extended | normal | stack-port]
Depending on the software version running on your switch or your switch model, additional or different diagnostic information might be displayed. For more information, see the command run diagnostics .
The following command displays the results of the switch diagnostics:
The following is sample output from this command:
Last Test Date: May-04-2006 Last Test Version: 220.127.116.11 Summary: Diagnostics Pass
When the version is unknown, Last Test Version reads “Unknown.”
This command was available in ExtremeXOS 10.1.
This command is available on ExtremeSwitching X435, X440-G2, X450-G2, X460-G2, X465, X590, X620, and X695 series switches.