Shows the status of Extended Edge Switching VPEX mode, auto-configuration (partial automation) and Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) (full automation) status, ring re-balancing status, and if applicable, switch port to bridge port extender (BPE) slot assignments.
This command has no arguments or variables.
- Searching for BPEs—Extended Edge Switching-capable switch (CB) is detected and system is waiting for a BPE to be attached in order to continue, or for the configuration to be saved in order to finish. The CB can remain in this state indefinitely.
- Searching for MLAG Peer—Extended Edge Switching-capable switch (CB) is detected and system is looking for an This command is available on the ExtremeSwitching X440-G2, X450-G2, X460-G2, X465, X590, X620, and X695 series switches. peer. The CB can remain in this state for up to four minutes.
- Nothing Provisioned – Existing configuration present—Full automation is not running because it has detected an existing configuration.
- Nothing Provisioned – Disabled—Full automation is disabled by running the terminate vpex ztp command or by Extreme Management Center.
- Provisioning Complete—Full automation has finished creating the Extended Edge Switching configuration.
The following example shows VPEX mode, auto-configuration, automatic upgrading, and ring re-balancing are enabled, and that switch port 1:20 is attached to a BPE assigned to slot number 100:
# show vpex Virtual Port Extender: Enabled Auto-Configuration: Enabled Auto-Upgrade: Enabled Ring rebalancing: Auto Zero Touch Provisioning: Nothing Provisioned - Existing configuration present Cascade Port/MLAG Id Slot ==================== 1:20 100
The following example shows that VPEX mode is disabled:
# show vpex Virtual Port Extender: Disabled
This command was first available in ExtremeXOS 22.5.
Auto-configuration status information was added in ExtremeXOS 22.6.
Ring re-balancing and Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) information was added in ExtremeXOS 22.7.
Automatic upgrading status was added in ExtremeXOS 30.5.
This command is available on ExtremeSwitching X465 and X590 series switches.