configure identity-management role add child-role
Adds a child role to the specified role.
Specifies the name of an existing role.
Specifies a name for the new child role (up to 32 characters).
The child role name can include up to 32 characters. Role names must begin with an alphabetical letter, and only alphanumeric, underscore (_), and hyphen (-) characters are allowed in the remainder of the name. Role names cannot match reserved keywords. For more information on role name requirements and a list of reserved keywords, see Object Names.
- A child role inherits all the policies applied to its parent and any higher levels above the parent.
- The software supports 5 levels of hierarchy.
- Each role can have a maximum of 8 child roles.
- Each child role can have only 1 parent role.
The following example configures a child role named East for the existing role named India-Engr:
* Switch.66 # configure identity-management role "India-Engr" add child-role East
This command was first available in ExtremeXOS 12.5.
This command is available on ExtremeSwitching X435, X440-G2, X450-G2, X460-G2, X465, X590, X620, and X695 series switches.